FOSTERING SOCIAL ACCEPTANCE AND LOCAL INVESTMENTS OF SMALL-SCALE RES
GREECE, CRETE, RETHYMNO PERFECTURE
Awareness / Behavioural change / Social acceptance, Biomass / Bioenergy, Solar energy, Web tools - Monitoring systems, Wind energy
OverviewThe pilot action demonstrates the positive effects of RES applications, aiming to foster social acceptance and enhance local small RES investments.
To achieve this target, the pilot action delivers:
- a methodology to identify optimum areas for RES applications, using GIS & multi-criteria analysis;
- a tailored web tool to quantify and assess quickly the siting and feasibility of small-scale RES;
- a Q&A publication on small scale RES systems to foster knowledge & consensus of local people and
- an awareness raising campaign to overcome local opposition regarding local investments in RES.
The methodology developed for appropriate siting and sustainable RES projects, also the web tool to assess the sustainable siting of RES can be easily replicated at a regional level and in other MED areas.
- Increase of energy produced from RES in the local energy mix
- GHG emissions reduction by decreasing the use of fossil fuels for electricity production
- Foster local development
- Exploit RES potentials in small scale local level
- Lower energy costs
- Investment opportunities for local suppliers and engineers
- Raise awareness on small- scale RES, to push development at local level
Impacts to be achieved by 2030:
- CO2 emissions saved/y: 27,450 t
- Electricity generated from RES: 84,510 MWh/y
Ready more here