RES FIGHTING ENERGY POVERTY THROUGH AWARENESS CAMPAIGN
SPAIN, CATALONIA, GRANOLLERS MUNICIPALITY
The pilot action involves an extended awareness raising campaign on energy saving and RES promotion that was designed and implemented to motivate Palou inhabitants to adopt practices for energy saving and to invest in small scale RES.
The awareness raising campaign, aiming to fight energy poverty, was called “Denomination of Energy Palou” (D.E Palou) and included the design and implementation of eight training sessions on energy savings and RES applications in Palou Area. The impact of the campaign was positive and it contributed to wide scale energy savings in 11 public facilities which was monitored during the campaign implementation.
- Initiation of local energy investments
- Behavioural change of citizens & stakeholders
- Energy saving in 11 public facilities
- Local stakeholders’ engagement in energy saving and RES measures
- RES-share increase in local energy mix
Impacts to be achieved by 2030:
- Energy saving: 2,803 electricity kWh/y, 5,241 gas kWh/y
- Engagement of 90 local stakeholders
Read more here