RES FOR MUNICIPALITY DEVELOPMENT
BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA, SREBRENIK MUNICIPALITY
OverviewThe pilot action refers to a biomass heating plant reconstruction project to exploit the local biomass potential for heating.
The action also delivers an action plan for delivering the plant and studies a business model for the plant operation, involving all relevant actors to the local biomass value chain.
The local action group, formed to support the project implementation, sets the fundamental concept for setting up the new district heating, employing wood chips from local forests.
- Improve air quality
- Create new jobs for the local population
- Improve local based energy supply chains
- Establish RES cooperative
- Raise awareness of the benefits of biomass heating systems
- Enhance local based energy economy
Impacts to be achieved by 2030:
- CO2 emissions saved/y: 885 t
- Thermal energy generated from RES: 726,000 MWh/y
Read more here