4. Creating Local Partnerships
Created by ReSEL TUC
Local energy planning steps
Community empowerment horizontal steps
EUROPEAN GREEN DEAL, transforming Europe to the first climate-neutreal continentAll 27 EU Member States committed to turning the EU into the first climate neutral continent by 2050. To get there, they pledged to reduce emissions by at least 55% by 2030, compared to 1990 levels.
In the framework of the European Green Deal, the EU announced a finance strategy for providing support towards the sustainable transition, in the context of recovery from the COVID-19 outbreak. The European Green Deal Investment Plan mobilises over 1 trillion euros for sustainable investments to the green transition, also through the Just Transition Mechanism, a key tool for inclusive support on regions, industries and workers that provides financial support, transition plans, attractive conditions and technical assistance.
- European Commision: Finance and the Green Deal
- Εuropean Commission: Communication for the Sustainable Europe Investment Plan – European Green Deal Investment Plan
- European Commission: European Green Deal Investment Plan and Just Transition Mechanism
- European Commission: The Just Transition Fund
- Just Transition Mechanism: financial tool providing tailored support to the most vulnerable and coal-intensive regions in the transition to a greener economy.
- European Commision: Recovery plan for Europe (NextGenerationEU)
- Recovery and Resilience Facility (RRF): instrument at the heart of NextGenerationEU, the EU's plan for emerging stronger from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- European Commission: Sustainable finance
- InvestEU Programme