Local energy planning steps
Community empowerment horizontal steps
Circular economy projects planning
Action plans for implementing a circular economy project, could focus on a different phase of the value chain, from production and consumption to waste management and the market for secondary raw materials. There are different models that could be employed to shape a circular economy action plan, focusing on: (a) the design and manufacturing phase; (b) the use phase; and (c) the value recovery phase, such as:
- Circular design models focus on the development of existing or new products and processes that boost circularity.
- Optimal use models focus on increasing the value and use of products during an extended lifespan.
- Value recovery models focus on maximising recovery and recycling of products and materials into new products or useful resources.
- Circular support models focus on the management and coordination of circular value chains.
- EU Environmental Technology Verification (ETV)
- Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS)
- PEF-OEF - Product Environmental Footprint and Organisation Environmental Footprint: tools that measure and inform customers about the environmental impact of products and organisations.
- EU Ecolabel
- Green Public Procurement